During the Day (Normal Business Hours)
CAPS provides crisis intervention services during our normal business hours. To be seen for an emergency appointment, call our office or simply walk into the center. Be sure to inform the receptionist that you are experiencing a crisis and we will make every effort to respond to your situation as quickly as possible.
Evenings & Weekends
In an immediate emergency, call 911. Otherwise, choose the best option that suits your needs:
- CAPS Crisis Line
If you (or a friend) are experiencing distress and need someone to talk with in the middle of the night or on the weekend, they can call CAPS’ main number, press #5 and they will be immediately connected to a licensed therapist.
- Crisis Center
24-hour crisis hotline service available to students. Counselors who staff the hotline will help you manage a crisis situation.
- Lakeside Alternatives
A public psychiatric hospital located in Orange County, is available to students requiring inpatient hospitalization.
- National Hopeline Network
A 24 hrs service that forwards your call to the nearest crisis hotline in your area determined from the your phones area code.
- Orlando Cares
Cities of Service Coordinator
Orlando City Hall
400 S. Orange Ave.
P.O. Box 4990
Orlando, FL 32802
- UCF Victim Services
24/7 number: 407.823.1200
Victim Services provides confidential crisis intervention, options and advocacy to anyone impacted by crime, violence, or abuse. If you or someone you know has been impacted by crime, violence, or abuse, we can help.
- University Behavioral Services
2500 Discovery Drive
Orlando, FL 32826
Toll free (within the state of Florida): (800) 999-0807
- United Way 211
- Ulifeline – Behavioral Support and Prevention
- Victim Services Center (Sexual Assault) 24-hour Hotline
- Wrap Around Orange
1784 East Michigan St.
Orlando, FL 32806
Alcohol/Drugs Intervention / Emergency
If you are concerned about a student who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol, has taken an overdose of medication, or may be in need of IMMEDIATE medical attention, one or more of the following numbers should be contacted before or instead of CAPS:
- Police or Ambulance Service – 911
- UCF Police Department– 407.823.5555
- UCF Student Health Services After-Hours – 407.823.2817
- Florida Poison Information Center – 800.282.3171
- Florida Hospital East Orlando (Emergency Department) – 407.303.8667
- Horizon Health (for faculty and staff) – 407.788.8822 or 800.272.7252
- Wellness and Health Promotion Services