What is TAO?
- TAO is an interactive, web-based program that provides assistance to help overcome anxiety, depression, and other common concerns..
- We offer this service in both TAO Self-Help and TAO Treatment options.
- TAO is based on well researched and highly effective strategies for helping anxiety.
- In TAO, participants will watch videos, complete exercises, and in TAO treatment you will also meet with a counselor via video conferencing for a 10-15 minute consultation.
- Weekly exercises take approximately 30-40 minutes to complete.
- Interested in learning more?
Who is eligible?
- Currently enrolled students who want help with anxiety and worry, depression, or coping with other concerns.
- The TAO treatment option requires a screening with a TAO therapist prior to starting the service.
- All students are eligible for TAO Self-Help.
- Students without a current substance abuse problem.
- 18 years of age or older.
How do I sign up?
- Call the Counseling and Psychological Services and let them know you are interested in TAO and would like to schedule an initial appointment to get started.
- If you are already seeing a counselor, then tell your counselor you are interested.
Benefits of TAO
- TAO allows you to get effective treatment when your schedule, or life, makes it hard to get to the counseling center
- You will have access to highly effective therapy modules 24/7 and a dedicated time to meet online with your counselor each week.
- The most recent research shows this treatment model with effect sizes equal to or exceeding face-to-face therapy.