The UCF Counseling and Psychological Services (CAP) would like to express our care and compassion for those who were directly or vicariously impacted by the protests and violence that unfolded in Charlottesville, VA this weekend. In the aftermath of such events, it is normal to experience a range of feelings, such as sadness, fear, anger, helplessness, or guilt. It would also be more than understandable for our students who belong to marginalized and/or under-represented identity groups to be feeling particularly vulnerable. We encourage you to contact our office if you (or someone you know) would like additional support for coping with the unfortunate events that occurred in Charlottesville this weekend. Please call or stop and let the receptionist know you need to be seen today.
Therapist Assisted Online (TAO) Treatment
What is Therapy Assisted Online (TAO) Treatment?
- TAO is an interactive, web-based program that provides assistance to help overcome anxiety, depression, relationships/communication, and substance use concerns.
- TAO is based on well researched and highly effective strategies for helping the above concerns.
- In TAO, clients will watch videos, complete exercises, will meet with a therapist via videoconferencing for a 10-15 minute appointment, weekly.
- Clients can also keep track of moods and progress through client logs in their account.
- TAO users have access to a Mindfulness Library, which can be used for relaxation.
- Weekly exercises take up to 2 hours to complete, split up as you prefer to work.
- Interested in learning more?
TAO-UCF Explainer Video from Therapist Assisted Online on Vimeo.
Who is eligible for TAO Treatment?
- Currently enrolled students.
- Students 18 years of age or older.
- TAO treatment requires a short screening with a TAO therapist prior to starting the service.
How do I sign up for TAO Treatment?
- Call or walk in to Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS). Let them know you are interested in TAO and would like to schedule an initial appointment to get started.
- If you are already seeing a therapist, tell them you are interested in TAO Treatment.
Benefits of TAO Treatment:
- TAO allows you to get effective treatment when your schedule, or life, makes it hard to get to CAPS.
- You will have access to highly effective therapy modules 24/7 and a dedicated time to meet online with your therapist each week.
- The most recent research shows this treatment model shows progress equal to or exceeding face-to-face therapy.