Pre-Masters Internship and Pre-Doctoral Practicum Training
CAPS provides training and supervision for graduate students from departments of Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology, Counselor Education, Mental Health Counseling and Social Work. The pre-master’s internship and pre-doctoral practicum training program may be part-time or full-time. The training program begins early August and ends on the last day of UCF finals. CAPS trainees are provided with the following opportunities:
Direct Service Activities
- Initial Assessment
- Brief Individual and Couples Counseling
- Group Services: Therapy Groups & Workshops
- Timely Access/Walk-In Service
- Outreach and Consultation
Training and Supervision
- 1.5 to 2 hours of weekly individual supervision
- 1.5 hours of weekly training seminars
- 1 hour of weekly clinical case conference
- 30 min of weekly group therapy supervision
- Staff meetings and professional development seminars
In order to apply for CAPS Pre-Masters Internship & Pre-Doctoral Practicum Training program, graduate student candidates must submit ALL of the following materials to be considered:
- Completed Graduate Training Application form
- Cover letter stating your training goals and reasons for applying to the training program.
- Resume or vitae.
- One-page single-spaced, typed statement (max 400 words) to the following question: Why do you want to become a counselor/therapist/social worker? Please describe your journey.
- Two letters of recommendation. One should be from your academic program (program chairperson or clinical coordinator) stating your eligibility/readiness for training.
- Copy of your graduate transcript – does not have to be an official copy.
Please send application materials as email attachments by March 1st at 8AM EST. Interviews will be held in March/April for qualified applicants. To submit your application or to ask questions about the training program, please contact the Training Director:
Dr. Jocelyn Buhain
CAPS Associate Director, Training Director
P.O. Box 163170
Orlando, FL 32816-3170
Phone: (407) 823-2811
FAX: (407) 823-5415