Postdoctoral Fellowship in Health Service Psychology
Three Postdoctoral Fellowship positions are offered at UCF Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS). This is a full-time, 12-month postdoctoral fellowship. The emphasis of the fellowship is on further development of strong generalist skills in the full range of clinical, outreach, training, supervision, consultation and crisis services typical of a large university counseling center. A primary focus is on providing clinical services to UCF’s diverse student population. The fellowship begins in early August prior to the start of the fall semester. The fellow is required to complete 2000 hours, including a minimum of 900 hours in activities related to direct clinical contact and 200 hours of face-to-face supervision received. For more information please refer to our current brochure:
The postdoctoral fellow is expected to engage in the following work activities:
- Initial assessment
- Individual, group, and couples therapy
- Crisis intervention services
- Outreach presentations and tabling events
- Consultation to university community
- Supervision to trainees and/or doctoral interns
- Other duties as assigned
- Doctorate from an APA-accredited Clinical Psychology or Counseling Psychology doctoral program. An applicant whose transcript does not indicate the doctoral degree has been conferred by their university should provide documentation from their graduate faculty that all requirements for the doctorate, including dissertation and doctoral internship, are expected to be completed before the fellowship start date.
- Demonstrated competence in working in a brief therapy model with a diverse student population.
Preference is given to applicants from APA-accredited internships.
Note: Selected fellow is required to successfully pass a background check as a condition of employment.
Please refer to the UCF CAPS posting in the Universal Psychology Postdoctoral Directory for current year information.
Please submit the following application materials in one email to CAPS Associate Director/Training Director Dr. Annatolee King: Annatolee.King@ucf.edu
- A cover letter indicating postdoctoral fellowship training goals.
- A current CV with names and contact information for 3 professional references, including either the internship training director or internship clinical supervisor.
- An unofficial graduate school transcript. Official transcript may be required if selected for the fellowship position.
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Interviews will be conducted via Zoom.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Dr. Annatolee King via phone at or via email at Annatolee.King@ucf.edu