The UCF Counseling and Psychological Services (CAP) would like to express our care and compassion for those who were directly or vicariously impacted by the protests and violence that unfolded in Charlottesville, VA this weekend. In the aftermath of such events, it is normal to experience a range of feelings, such as sadness, fear, anger, helplessness, or guilt. It would also be more than understandable for our students who belong to marginalized and/or under-represented identity groups to be feeling particularly vulnerable. We encourage you to contact our office if you (or someone you know) would like additional support for coping with the unfortunate events that occurred in Charlottesville this weekend. Please call or stop and let the receptionist know you need to be seen today.
Therapy Assisted Online (TAO) Self Help
What is Therapy Assisted Online (TAO) Self Help?
- TAO is an interactive, web-based program that provides assistance to help overcome anxiety, depression, relationships/communication, and substance use concerns.
- TAO is based on well researched and highly effective strategies for helping the above concerns.
- You can choose to view short, but helpful videos, take part in brief exercises, use logs to track moods and progress, and have access to a Mindfulness Library.
Who is eligible for TAO Self Help?
- All UCF students are eligible for TAO Self-Help. You just need a Knights email address.
Benefits of TAO Self Help:
- You will have access to highly effective therapeutic modules 24/7.
- You can sign up any time of day or night, and without having to travel to Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS).
- Immediate access to helpful information.
Highlights of the modules:
- Anxiety: relaxation strategies, analyzing thoughts, mindfulness, facing fears, lifestyle factors
- Depression: traps, problem solving, focusing on thoughts, mindfulness, values, relationships, lifestyle
- Substance Abuse: making decisions, cravings, social support, lapse and relapses, finances, time management
- Relationships and Communication: anger, communication styles, problem solving
How do I sign up?
Signing up for TAO Self Help is as easy!
- Follow this enrollment link: https://thepath.taoconnect.org/local/login/home.php
- Enter your UCF email address and other basic information.
- Agree to TAO services.
- Check your Knights email to finish your account set up.
Now, you have the freedom to explore the TAO modules at your leisure and when you have time in your schedule.
For further questions about TAO Self Help, you may contact TAO at firstname.lastname@example.org.