Therapy Assistance Online (TAO)
What is Therapy Assistance Online (TAO)?
TAO is a self-guided interactive, web-based program that provides assistance to help overcome anxiety, depression, and other concerns. TAO is based on well researched and highly effective strategies. The TAO experience encompasses viewing short, helpful videos, taking part in brief exercises, using logs to track your mood and progress, and having access to a Mindfulness Library of relaxation videos.
- Click the image below to watch a video and learn more about TAO!
Who is eligible for TAO ?
- All UCF students (and UCF staff and faculty) are eligible for TAO Self-Help. You just need a UCF or Knights email address. TAO self-help is a great choice if you would like help, but you either don’t have time to come to CAPS or you want to learn at your own pace.
- You can also find TAO in the UCF App, under Wellbeing
Benefits of TAO:
- You will have immediate access to highly effective therapeutic information and coping strategies 24/7.
- You can sign up and use TAO any time of day or night.
- You can learn more about yourself and in which areas you may need further assistance.
- It’s easy to use.
- There are surveys you can take on topics that may help you specifically.
- Anxiety: relaxation strategies, analyzing thoughts, mindfulness, facing fears, lifestyle factors.
- Depression: traps, problem solving, focusing on thoughts, mindfulness, values, relationships, lifestyle.
- Substance Abuse: making decisions, cravings, social support, lapse and relapses, finances, time management.
- Relationships and Communication: anger, communication styles, problem solving.
- Students can also keep track of moods and progress through client logs in their account.
- TAO users have access to a Mindfulness Library, which can be used for relaxation.
- TAO also has a phone App. Go to your apps to find it.
How do I sign up?
Signing up for TAO Self Help is easy!
- Follow this enrollment link https://us.taoconnect.org/register
- Enter your UCF email address.
- Check your UCF email to finish your account set up.
Now, you have the freedom to explore the TAO at your leisure and when you have time in your schedule.
For further questions about TAO, you may contact TAO at firstname.lastname@example.org.