Therapy Assistance Online (TAO) Treatment
What is Therapy Assistance Online (TAO) Treatment?
- TAO is an interactive, web-based program that provides assistance to help overcome anxiety, depression, other concerns.
- TAO is based on well researched and highly effective strategies .
- In TAO, clients will watch videos, complete exercises, and will meet with a therapist via videoconferencing for a 10-15 minute appointment, weekly.
- Clients can also keep track of moods and progress through client logs in their account.
- TAO users have access to a Mindfulness Library, which can be used for relaxation.
- Weekly exercises take up to 2 hours to complete, split up as you prefer to work.
- Interested in learning more?
Click Image for Informational Video
Who is eligible for TAO Treatment?
- Currently enrolled students.
- Students 18 years of age or older.
- TAO treatment requires a short screening with a TAO therapist prior to starting the service.
How do I sign up for TAO Treatment?
- Call or walk in to Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS). Let them know you are interested in TAO and would like to schedule an initial appointment to get started.
- If you are already seeing a therapist, tell them you are interested in TAO Treatment.
Benefits of TAO Treatment:
- TAO allows you to get effective treatment when your schedule, or life, makes it hard to get to CAPS.
- You will have access to highly effective therapy modules 24/7 and a dedicated time to meet online with your therapist each week.
- The most recent research shows this treatment model shows progress equal to or exceeding face-to-face therapy.
Mindfulness Library is FREE for everyone!Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, TAO has decided to make our Mindfulness Library free for everyone. Please feel free to share with family, friends, or anyone else who might benefit from enhancing their mindfulness practice. All exercises are available in both English and French: https://www.taoconnect.org/mindfulness-exercise/