Therapy Assistance Online (TAO) Treatment
What is Therapy Assistance Online (TAO) Treatment?
- TAO is an interactive, web-based program that provides assistance to help overcome anxiety, depression, other concerns.
- TAO is based on well researched and highly effective strategies .
- In TAO, clients will watch videos, complete exercises, and will meet with a therapist via videoconferencing for a 10-15 minute appointment, weekly.
- Clients can also keep track of moods and progress through client logs in their account.
- TAO users have access to a Mindfulness Library, which can be used for relaxation.
- Weekly exercises take up to 2 hours to complete, split up as you prefer to work.
- Interested in learning more?
Click Image for Informational Video
Who is eligible for TAO Treatment?
- Currently enrolled students.
- Students 18 years of age or older.
- TAO treatment requires a short screening with a TAO therapist prior to starting the service.
How do I sign up for TAO Treatment?
- Call or walk in to Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS). Let them know you are interested in TAO and would like to schedule an initial appointment to get started.
- If you are already seeing a therapist, tell them you are interested in TAO Treatment.
Benefits of TAO Treatment:
- TAO allows you to get effective treatment when your schedule, or life, makes it hard to get to CAPS.
- You will have access to highly effective therapy modules 24/7 and a dedicated time to meet online with your therapist each week.
- The most recent research shows this treatment model shows progress equal to or exceeding face-to-face therapy.